Wednesday 23 January 2013

The tyre looks....

Awesome’ The tyre looked big enough off the bike but once in place its’  “Massive’  my attempt too captive this with the camera doesn't quite come off, no matter how many shoots I take.    You need to be here! to see how large this 180 tyre looks slotted in the b4 frame.  



Before I could fit the RF swingarm into the b4 frame and still continue using the new lift, I first had to fabricate some new support to mount the b4 back onto the lift before being able to cut off the peg's steel backplate to make room for swingarm too slid in-between the frame. And no’ these new mounts aren’t going to be my new foot peg's..lol..





 Leaving part of steel plate in place on both sides to be able to refit the original rider-pegs but too reworked them first to allow the rider-pegs to be able to adjusted by undoing two bolts? So they can be slid to find the best position!!. I have the basic idea set-out but still working on refining the idea.
The wheel and swingarm went in few months ago, I only just got to posting on it today.



The caliper setup I wanted to use was with the RF mounting bracket which locks into a slot on the rf swingarm which is used to lock caliper, unlike b4 where it needs a torque rod to do the job. Trying to find a rf caliper is another thing? here in the UK. B4 caliper for various reasons wont work with this setup. There only one guy that I know that's has done this mod before and is in the later stages of another build so I posted on his thread on a great bandit fourm he said 94/95 gsxr750 should fit, he was right. I found 95 gsxr750 caliper on ebay.UK. The only good caliper and price I could fine. Came yesterday and it fits well.    






The caliper in top of photo is B4 bottom is GSXR750 (the b4 is not as small as it looks) 


The bike lift works well not to say the lift hasn’t got its !!! points but the good points more then make up for them. I don't know how it would work if I needed to removal the engine. It take bit of mucking around to change between foot-pegs and wheel mounts, gets easy once you done it fee times. It save the mucking around with blocks which so often you find there in the wrong place/position.. as I did on the first build. Unlike with the lift were I just lift or lower, not forgetting I can slid/move the lift with bike fix to it cross the floor     without the fear of knocking the bike/lift over.  

Present-2nd build

No comments: