Tuesday 11 September 2012

lifting ones ego

The roof isn't finish, neither is the inside and other items like the lighting isn't much better. But finally the bandit is back in and as you can see! I've got a new toy-tool! "The original red bike lift". This year for one or more reasons hasn't so far been a great year so I'd decided to treat myself to a present to make things feels bit better.
It took awhile to sort out and fix the small bandit to the bike-lift' mainly due to fixing foot pegs to the footpegs mounts on bike lift, but lift works very well and life lot easier now with the bike in the air. First job I decided to Tactic was the RF900 swingarm which has been in-out few times now, swopping between the new and old arm to see how best to go about doing the work to fit RF900 arm into the frame I know and can see there will need to be some cutting to the steel support behind the rider foot pegs for the RF to fit.
My approach to this will be slightly different to the way someone else has carry out the work on his b4. For one I like the 400 foot pegs' Although I would like them to be touch higher and back a bit further, therefore my cutting to the steel support will be bit difference and to both sides. As I'm supporting the b4 off the lift via the bike pegs before I can remove steel I need to fabricate my own mounts to fit b4 at a differncnce point before I can do any cutting. So I've just bought a pack of two 6mm steel-bar plates 150mm square off ebay to fabricated the new supports plates which will able me to get to the steel support to do the cutting. (More on the swingarm in a later post, only to say the RF900 swinger fits as well as the b4 original swingarm does across the pivot point on the original ).
It's a lot nicer standing up then laying down on the floor without using blocks of wood so on to block the bike-up. If I got the rear out and wanted to start on the front that's no problem unlike before. I can stop the lift at any height where I want too.
I was looking at the normal bike table before I saw this lift. The workshop is long and thin and wouldn't have had the room for a bike table and with this lift when I'm done I can hang it up on the wall out of the way.
    

No comments: