Wednesday 26 February 2014

finally






Well it's been awhile since I worked on the bike, I keep saying I'm going to spend few hours on the bike today but never get there in the end until now, though I've given lot of thought to what to print or polish and if print! What print colour to do them in, like the calipers.

What you see here is only lightly polished to shows the scratches/marks that are still on the surface of the swingarm after sanding' Like the forks, the swingarm did't look that bad until I started polishing and then all the marks start jumping out at me..lot of hard work...sanding/polishing for this reason some of the area around the shock maybe printed.

        


As you can see I've removed lugs on both sides of the swingarm I haven't decided whether to fit a metal chain guard yet, if I do I what it to be very minimises so you can still see most of the top run of the chain. As I'm not doing any major bodywork to the b4 by doing these little items may just add like something to the whole picture. I may also fit a small home made hugger to keep most of the mud from the wheel being thrown up at the shock but at the same time not covering any of the tyre up.

By removing the lugs has helps to tidy-up the look of the swingarm and makes it lot easier to polishes.

 

If you enlarge this picture it should shows after a light polishes the marks that still need removing so the finale polishing reflect as much light as possible from a smooth surface'  i.e. radiants gleaming lustres.  














                                                                                                                  Bit more done and looking better, I can do better I have two more grades of compound to go a pink and a yellow- super high gloss. There are still areas where I need to do bit more sanding and have found wet & dry paper works best for removing fine line and marks still showing through the fine polishing stage. At the moment the chain side looking the best side, so more work to do to the other side, so back to work. SEE       

No comments: