Monday 19 March 2012

frame a picture


                                                                                                                                                       Previous -1st build

Blending the colours orange and back together, I'm sure I could do a better job today then I did during the first build. If I was to redo the frame in the present (2) build. Which am not, if I can help it..That is. Were the two colours meet/blend? was shoot using a full size spray gun...Today I would use Airbrush or a Touch-up gun to paint this area.                                       


  Although' With all the black plastic panels eventually back on the bike would help to make things look bit better?.The idea behind blending the colours was to highlight only the front end of the frame. I think' I achieve the look I was after which was to make the sexy part of the frame (orange part) stand out from the rest of the frame, by shooting the black on the rear of the frame help to merg this part of the frame and black bodywork-to-become-one. Which in turn helps to highlights orange part of the frame {sexy part} to standout evening more.

                                                                                                                          

                                                    Under all the cover in the photo is the dismantle engine.  
                                                                                                                     
Few' bandit 400 owner swop-out the rider pegs for more races types, although I for-one like the original pegs they also help to hind the ugly block of metal that the original pegs are fix too. With the original pegs polished again adds to the overall look as well as helping highlight the orange frame bit more. You may have notices at the end of the frame' "in the photo showing the pegs" that I forgotten to remove the masting tape and I still haven't got around to removing the tape. Perhaps I get around to it in this second build? The Screw heads where too bad to remove. 

The colours I chose are nothing special, the time it took to find these colours, 'ie' the number of colour chips/books I look through to find what to use and then the right orange to go with the black was. Important thing is, is to use good quality paint and more so with solvents(thinners and lacquers, if used), don't cut corners with these materials' It doesn't pay in the end. Not many rattle aerosol spray can were uesd in the making of this bike. I'm luckily that I have large compressor and spray guns, etc... I'm probably a tool nut as I think you can never have too many tools ! other then were to keep them.
          

            
















No comments: